CALL FOR INTERNS: THE PITCH PROJECT
The Pitch Project, Gallery and Artist Studios is seeking motivated interns for the Fall of 2016.
The Pitch Project is a home for contemporary art practices in Milwaukee’s Historic Walker’s Point neighborhood. The Pitch Project is not only a gallery for bringing contemporary global practices and exhibitions to Milwaukee, but provides studios for 23 local artists who are active on a national and international level. The Pitch Project hosts diverse exhibitions, artist talks, screenings, and events. Founded by Mike Brenner, in conjunction with Brenner Brewing Company (in the adjacent building), the gallery and studios are run by its four co-directors: Brewer; Mike Brenner, and artists; Will Pergl, Sonja Thomsen, and Jason S. Yi.
This is a great opportunity for students who are looking to gain experience working in a gallery setting and meet contemporary artists who are working regional, national and international stages. We are looking for students who can hit the ground running as the gallery will open its fall exhibition September 10 and host an open studio event September 17-18.
This is an unpaid internship.
If interested submit a letter of interest, a resume and an available times for an interview:
Expected hours per week:
• 8 -15 hours
Preferred duration of internship:
• August 2016 to mid December 2016
Preferred qualities of an intern:
- Detailed oriented
- Proactive, responsible and dependable
- Effective writer/communicator
- Flexible mindset
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Digitally savvy
Some responsibilities of an intern may include:
- Gallery related research – artist and other exhibition research and keep a database of the information on Google Doc and Dropbox. Exhibition/Gallery related document management.
- Gallery related communication with artists and others.
- Social Media and Website Content management – maintain a schedule of posts that balance promotion of The Pitch Project, promotion of artists and engagement in dialogue about the arts in Milwaukee and elsewhere, nationally. Scheduling regular posts on Tumblr, Facebook, TPP Website
- Calendar management of gallery related activities.
- Assist in exhibition installation (patching/painting walls, hanging work)
- Assist in publicity of gallery events (photography, documenting events and delivering publicity materials)
- Gallery hours sitting
- Attend and assist in exhibition openings and events.
- Attend scheduled meetings.
- Coordinate gallery related events with other interns.
- General clean up and maintenance.